Rethinking Resource Sharing. Inspiring libraries. Empowering people.
To foster an updated framework of cooperation and collaboration.
- Rethink resource sharing for the 21st century
- Be a catalyst movement for systematic change
- Become an influential “Think tank” – define and promote best practices
- Inspire a change in attitude in providing services
- Encourage libraries to open up to find new ways to serve, not just their patrons, but all potential users
Note: This group will not bring products to market, but will encourage and reach out to groups interested in creating technical solutions that support our efforts.
The Initiative is enhanced by the support of interested organizations. These “Sponsoring Organizations” provide various contributions such as the use of suites for meetings at conferences, telecommunication resources, project management funding and listserv hosting among others. Some current sponsoring organizations:
- Relais International
- Tampa Bay Library Consortium
Sponsoring organizations are invited to provide an ex officio representative on the Steering Committee and receive Steering Committee minutes. The institution chooses their representative either from their institution or from their members.